Spirulina is a small blue-green algae, known for its richness in proteins that are easily assimilated by our body.
Specifically, spirulina contains all 8 essential amino acids, essential fatty acids (omega 3 and omega 6, which counteract cholesterol and triglyceride levels), carbohydrates : including rhamnose and glycogen and vitamins : A, D , K and B vitamins.
Its energizing properties make spirulina algae a food in all respects recommended in cases of asthenia, fatigue and in periods of convalescence.
What are the benefits of Spirulina Algae?
- strengthens the immune system : the presence of magnesium and iron improves the immune system's response to attack by pathogens. Phycocyanin (the substance that gives the alga its blue-green color) is responsible for the increase in antibodies.
- has slimming properties : the phenylalanine (an amino acid that participates in the constitution of proteins) contained in the spirulina algae helps to induce the sense of satiety, allowing to regulate the amount of food to be taken when following a slimming diet.
- it is useful against anemia : thanks to a high iron content of vitamin B12, which intervenes in the synthesis of hemoglobin, thus helping to counteract anemia.
- it is a cure-all for heart and pressure : the fatty acids of the omega 3 group have anticoagulant and vasodilator properties. Spirulina algae is considered by some to be a beneficial contribution in countering the onset of heart disease.
- precious for the digestive system : the purifying and detoxifying capacities of the ingredients contained in the spirulina algae prevent the proliferation of infections. Spirulina also stimulates intestinal bacterial flora and can also be an aid in case of colitis.
- loved by sportsmen : the multivitamin, antioxidant and protein action of spirulina-based supplements is suitable for those who play sports: the seaweed would seem to be useful for athletes who need to improve endurance and muscle tone.
Try the Spirutonic - Spirulina Algae