Do you want to prepare an absolutely easy and delicious side dish for the autumn season?
Turn on the stove and put on an apron: this is the idea for you!
With the arrival of this season, the pumpkin returns to the table as the protagonist of many recipes. Undisputed queen of autumn, thanks to its orange pulp and its typically sweet flavor, it is the perfect ingredient for both sweet and savory preparations.
Here we offer you a simple and light recipe based on baked pumpkin enriched with paprika , rosemary and almond flakes .
- Mantovana Pumpkin: 1.5 kg
- Flaked Almonds: 20 g
- Pumpkin Seeds: 20 g
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: 40 g
- Rosemary: 1 sprig
- Paprika: to taste
- Salt up: to taste
- Black pepper: to taste
For the flavored oil
- Extra virgin olive oil: 100 g
- Sage: a few leaves
- Parsley: 1 tuft
- Wash the pumpkin and cook it with all the peel. Remove the seeds by digging with a spoon.
- Slice until you get 8 slices.
- Lightly grease a dripping pan with part of the oil and arrange the pumpkin slices on it; lightly grease the slices with absorbent paper soaked in the remaining part of oil.
- Finely chop the rosemary
- Add a pinch of salt and ground pepper to the pumpkin, then flavor with the chopped rosemary, paprika and finally the pumpkin seeds and sliced almonds.
- Put the pumpkin in the preheated oven, in static mode, at 180 ° for 40-45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the flavored oil: chop the sage and parsley
- Collect everything in a bowl and pour in the oil, mixing well.
- When the pumpkin is cooked, sprinkle the pumpkin slices with the flavored oil.
The aromatic herbs and spices indicated are excellent as they recall the flavors of the forest and autumn . If you don't like paprika, you can replace it with another spice, such as cardamom, and sage, parsley and rosemary can be replaced by your favorite aromatic herbs.
You just have to try and enjoy this light, but very tasty, pumpkin-based side dish!