If you ask your child what he wants for dinner… he will hardly make a list of vegetables!
But, as most parents know, including lots of fruit and vegetables in children's diets doesn't just help immune system it's a correct growth , but affects i tastes and preferences of foods they will have in adulthood . Therefore, an early introduction of these foods is healthy in both the short and long term.
TO FACILITATE THE APPROACH BETWEEN BABY AND VEGETABLES, HERE ARE SOME SIMPLE TIPS YOU CAN PUT INTO PRACTICE:
- COOKING TOGETHER: because being able to assist and contribute to the creation of a dish increases the palatability and personal satisfaction of the little assistant cook. Furthermore, it gives the possibility to manipulate, look and smell the ingredients, helping to make the distrust of unknown flavors and textures disappear.
- SIMULATE WITH THE GAME: make available to the little ones a mini kitchen and fruits and vegetables made of wood, fabric or plastic to imitate mum and dad who sauté. In this way for the child it will be obvious and natural that these ingredients are part of the family's diet.
- EAT WITH HANDS: kids love fun foods to eat. It might be nice to cut and slice different raw vegetables (carrot, fennel, celery and pepper are more suitable) and create different sauces in which to dip them. You can make sauces using the classic blend of oil and vinegar from pinzimonio, but also pesto, humus, guacamole, white yogurt flavored with cooking herbs (rosemary, mint or thyme), etc. Vegetables can also be cut creatively, in strips, spirals or with captivating shapes… nowadays there are many tools suitable for this purpose online.
- TRANSFORMING INTO A SMOOTHIE: it is possible to create original snacks based on fresh smoothies. Combining tasty seasonal fruits with small amounts of vegetables creates a healthy and tasty mix of nutrients. Plus, the presence of a straw makes everything even more fun!
- IN THE SHAPE OF CHIPS: kids love chips and will more easily eat what looks like you. Cutting into strips, breading and baking asparagus, courgettes, carrots and green beans will increase the likelihood of them being eaten. Also in this case, it is possible to combine delicious dips.
- GROWING TOGETHER: following and taking care of the cultivation of vegetables, from sowing to minestrone, is an extremely educational activity that increases the knowledge of nature, the sense of responsibility and the "sympathy" towards the vegetable in question. Many vegetables can be grown in simple planters or recycle bins, on the balcony or in the yard.
- EVERYONE EATS THE SAME THING: this is especially true for the little ones who, from the baby food dedicated to them, switch to a “grown-up” diet. By adapting the recipes of the adults to the needs of the children, the whole family will eat the same thing. Factors such as imitation and sharing will facilitate curiosity, interest and acceptance of new dishes.
You can try our supplement, also suitable for children, Floravita Plus . Rich in live lactic ferments, with prebiotic and probiotic action and with Vitamin B6, to support intestinal function and the immune system. One capsule a day is enough.