The skin that is that of the face or that of the body is the main protective organ towards the outside world. It is therefore of fundamental importance to take care of it not only from the outside but also from the inside.
Let's see together the role played by the skin.
What are its main functions?
- Protective function . As already mentioned, the primary role is precisely to defend ourselves from external stimuli of various kinds, such as traumas, pressures, blows or frictions thanks to its elastic property given by the presence of collagen and elastic fibers.
- Thermoregulatory function . thanks to its insulating properties it regulates the internal temperature of the body .
- Sensory function . It has receptive organs capable of perceiving pressure, thermal, painful and pleasant stimuli, and transmit them to the central nervous system which processes them.
- Respiratory function . The skin also absorbs oxygen and eliminates carbon dioxide.
- Secretory function . It is an excretory organ, like the liver and kidneys , and helps eliminate toxins such as carbon dioxide, sebum and atabolites.
- Antimicrobial defensive function . Thanks to the bactericidal and fungicidal properties given by the particular acid pH of the skin.
- Reproductive function . The skin is in continuous cell renewal
It is clear that the skin is a very important organ and it is necessary to take care of it by adopting a daily beauty routine.
THE DAILY BEAUTY ROUTINE
The steps are few and simple to follow.
- CLEANING. Whether in the morning or in the evening, it is essential to eliminate any residual makeup or impurities left by smog and air pollution from the skin of the face.
- HYDRATION . The skin continuously loses fluids through dehydration and external aggressions. It is good to hydrate all day, 2 liters per day is the recommended dose.
- CREAM . The cream helps the process of hydration and nourishment from the outside.
- MASSAGE . Every now and then it is good to indulge in some more pampering in the neck and décolleté that are often forgotten and are subjected to premature aging compared to the face.
- HEALTHY FOOD . Obviously, nutrition is very important for a radiant and luminous appearance. A diet rich in vitamins ensures healthy and best-looking skin.
- INTEGRATION . Zinc is a mineral that is needed to keep the skin healthy. Promotes skin tissue renewal and wound healing; it is also useful for treating acne, psoriasis, dandruff, impurities, dermatitis and dry skin. It is also a powerful antioxidant , counteracts the formation of free radicals . The right amount of Zinc allows the synthesis and production of collagen which guarantees the elasticity of the skin and keeps it young. Organic sulfur in the form of methylsulfonylmethane ( MSM ) allows a purification of the entire skin organ and stimulates the synthesis of collagen and connective tissues. It is also beneficial for strengthening hair and nails.