What is cystitis?
Anyone who has tried this annoying disorder remembers it well! It is an inflammation of the bladder caused, most often, by intestinal bacteria (Escherichia coli, Enterococcus foecalis).
Other causes can be frequent use of antibiotics, malnutrition, pregnancy and birth defects. It occurs more in periods of high stress , often characterized by unbalanced diets and sleep disturbances, when there is a decline in the immune system .
It is women who suffer most from it due to their physical conformation: the female urethra is located near the rectum and is much shorter (about 3-5 cm) than the male one (about 13-16 cm): the risk of contamination by fecal bacteria it is higher in women since they can more easily go up the urethra to reach the bladder.
The proximity of the latter to the vagina also makes the bladder itself more sensitive to possible "mechanical trauma", for example during sexual intercourse.
Holidays and cystitis
We frequently hear about cystitis during the holidays… Why? We have said that cystitis often accompanies periods of strong stress, yes ... It is precisely when we relax from work that the body somatizes the tensions accumulated during the year, bringing various kinds of ailments.
To this factor it should be added that in summer, due to the heat, the proliferation of bacteria is greater.
How to avoid cystitis on vacation? Play in advance!
PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR INTESTINE:
- Prevent the onset of constipation: pack a pack of intestinal wellness and one of Carrigena seaweed : they will help keep the intestine clean by decreasing the concentration of fecal bacteria, often the primary cause of cystitis.
- Strengthen your intestinal flora: Flora Vita Plus is a blend of pre and probiotics useful to support the delicate balance of your intestine even during changes.
PLAY IN ADVANCE ... At least once a year!
- Strengthen your immune defenses: you can use Grapefruit Seed Extract , rich in phenolic compounds that help fight fungal infections and parasites of the genitals such as candida and prevent their formation. In addition, it acts as a powerful antioxidant and strengthens the immune system.
- Purifies the urinary tract: a cycle of Bearberry a year helps to keep the urinary tract clean thanks to its antiseptic properties.
DRINK AND EAT THE RIGHT WAY!
- There is the abuse of acidifying, hot and very spicy foods that are not part of your eating habits. Have fun but without stressing your body!
- Don't overdo the toasts! Even if you're on vacation, celebrate in moderation. Alcohol has an acidifying and inflammatory action, it also contains sugars that increase the development of candidiasis.
- Drink plenty of water to keep your urinary tract clean and prevent bacteria from settling.
... INTIMATE HYGIENE!
- Always wash the anal and perianal area after washing the genital organs to avoid bacterial contamination, often the cause of inflammation. If possible, wash yourself after each sexual intercourse.
- A practical and effective tip is to use a Colloidal Silver Ionic pipette during intimate washing.