The name Alpha alpha comes from the Arabic word Al-fal-fa which means "father of all foods"; this precious plant is much more than just an ordinary herb; in fact, it contains numerous elements that we can normally bring only by combining different phytotherapeutic drugs:
- Digestive enzymes
- Phytoestrogens (plant hormones)
- Bioflavonides (with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties)
- Flavones (useful for blood capillaries)
- Glucosides (with antitumor action)
- Alkaloids (plant substances with antibiotic and anti-inflammatory action)
- Amino acids
- Organic acids
- Trace elements: calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron and potassium
- Vitamins: A, group B (especially B12), C (four times more than citrus fruits), D, E, K
The Alpha alpha, belonging to the legume family, is about 40 cm high, has leaves similar to those of the clover, the flower is purple and round. It owes its properties to the roots which can reach a depth of three meters and absorb a high amount of nutrients.
Cultivated as forage for livestock, it is less known for its use in phytotherapy which sees it used in case of:
- Weight loss diets: in the form of sprouts as the high fiber content favors the sense of satiety.
- Convalescence or debilitating conditions (asthenia, weight loss) : it is an excellent tonic thanks to the richness of minerals and other active ingredients.
- Sports : it is excellent for replenishing the trace elements expelled through sweating.
- Blood : reduces cholesterol and triglyceride levels, promotes the destruction of blood clots.
- Menopause : thanks to the presence of phytoestrogens it helps the female hormone production by promoting the regularization of menstruation and helping the woman to fight the symptoms of menopause.
Click here to see the product sheet!