Aromatherapy is the art and science of essential oils . Its purpose is to prevent diseases and ailments by achieving physical , mental , emotional and spiritual well-being.
Each oil acts on a different form of the physical, mental and emotional body based on its properties.
The benefits of aromatherapy are innumerable, in fact, aromatherapy is able to stimulate the immune system and is also useful for psychic balance , mental activity , as well as the harmony of emotions .
Scientific studies have shown that the olfactory stimulation of the endorcine system has a direct and immediate effect on the nervous system , because a part of the inhaled aroma reaches the lungs through the trachea, penetrating into the bronchi and bronchioles, through the blood circulation .
The other part of the aroma goes to the brain , that is to the central nervous system , more specifically to the Libyan system, part of the brain responsible for emotions , behaviors, memory and mood, for which, spreading the right aromas in the environment in which we live on a daily basis, it helps to obtain excellent effects on ourselves and on others.
The massage technique combined with Aromatherapy produces a beneficial effect of synergy thanks to the interaction between sensory stimuli and body receptors .
The massage, especially if performed on a painful part , is able to bring relief as it activates the deepest layer of the skin , the dermis, an area rich in tactile and nerve receptors and nocioreceptors or those specific to pain.
The union of Aromatherapy with Aroma-massage has very ancient origins, in fact, even Hippocrates recommended a daily massage with oils.
Why use essential oils?
The essential oils used for the massage, in addition to giving olfactory pleasure, are able to bring benefits to the body as they are absorbed and transported throughout the body, interacting directly with it.
Self- massage through the use of essential oils is a real panacea and through the blends of selected oils, the benefits can be different.
Let's see them together:
- Energizing: after a long and stressful day, add 10 drops of Sweet Orange essential oil , 10 drops of Lemon essential oil and 10 drops of Eucalyptus essential oil to your Body Cream , massage neck, temples and wrists.
- Draining : to facilitate the lymphatic system 5 drops of Lemon essential oil , 10 of Eucalyptus essential oil and 10 of TeaTree essential oil . Then in the evening after a shower, with the skin still wet, apply the mixture from the ankles to the groin.
- Balsamic : for the well-being of the respiratory tract, mix 10 drops of Tea Tree , 10 drops of Eucalyptus and 5 of Nigella Oil . Apply the mixture under the nose and at the base of the throat.
- Relaxing for muscle pain : to relieve muscle pain, the Relax & Resume Package can become your "never again". Lavender essential oil has an anti- inflammatory action and helps relax the muscles. Dermal Magnesium , on the other hand, relaxes the muscles , relieving tension and stiffness.
- Digestive : Performing massages with essential oils facilitates digestion, slow and circular movements in fact activate the excretory organs and facilitate the elimination of toxins. In addition, the massage on the abdomen stimulates the circulation of the viscera and the peristaltic function, improving intestinal function. For this type of massage use 10 drops of lavender oil , and a few drops of Tea Tree .