It is one of the oldest living forms in existence, it is one blue-green microalgae whose intense color is due to vegetable dyes, such as chlorophyll (green), phycocyanin (blue) and carotenoids (yellow) of which it is very rich. These pigments not only affect its appearance, but also its nutritional value, in fact:
- There chlorophyll it is a significant source of energy for our body.
- There phycocyanin stimulates the bone marrow (to produce white and red blood cells) and the immune system.
- THE carotenoids they are powerful antioxidants and help strengthen the immune system.
Among the biochemical substances present in spirulina, the first that catches the eye is the particularly high concentration of proteins (essential amino acids) vital for the human being. Our body is used to create cells, synthesize hormones, enzymes and antibodies. Many nutritionists and doctors agree that a deficiency of essential amino acids can have very serious consequences .
Unfortunately, our current diet, rich in packaged foods and fast foods, is rarely considered "complete" and it is always easier to run into protein deficiencies.
In the case of a deficiency that lasts over time , the body resorts to an extreme solution: to keep the brain and nerves functioning, it begins to decompose itself, attacking their own tissues (skin and muscles) looking for amino acids. The consequence is premature aging .
In spirulina all 8 essential amino acids are present for adults , as well as others 2 amino acids necessary for the growth of children .
But the overall benefit of spirulina proteins does not depend only on their quantity, but on quality: in fact, spirulina it does not cause hyperacidity , that is, it does not disturb the acid-base balance of the body, on the contrary, it helps to regulate and normalize it! It is low in fat And free of cholesterol .
Its protein content is so high that to get the same amount of protein from soy, grains and beef, it would take 26, 36 and 300 times as large acreage, respectively!
In addition, the small alga is very rich in iron, potassium and vitamin A. It is a source of antioxidant substances that help fight aging , especially brain aging. It is no coincidence that it has been studied for a long time by those who deal with disorders related to cellular degeneration of the brain. Plus, it's a great way to counteract the production of free radicals .
It is an excellent one tonic for seniors, children, vegetarians, students and athletes. It is a low-fat, cholesterol-free protein source, a good source of beta-carotene and essential fatty acids (linoleic acid), from positive effects on the neuromuscular system . Super supplement for whom must lose weight , since it reduces fat absorption and supplements it with valuable vitamins and minerals.
Spirulina is called superfood as its nutritional profile is more potent than any other food, plant, grain or herb.
- Protein : 3 times higher than beef, fish or pork and 5 times higher than soy beans.
- Fiber : 4 times higher than flour or wheat.
- Betacarotene: 10 times higher than carrots, 40 times higher than spinach.
- Chlorophyll : 100-200mg / 10g, more than 20 times of wheat.
- B1 : essential for breaking down carbohydrates, it helps regulate the level of glucose in the blood.
- B2 : Helps good eye health. A deficiency can cause tiredness, changes in the lining of the mouth and lips, eczema and vision problems.
- B6: helps the assimilation of proteins, maintains the balance between sodium and potassium which regulates the body fluids and promotes the normal functioning of the nervous and muscular systems.
- B12 : necessary for the development of red blood cells. Its deficiency leads to chronic fatigue and neuralgia.
- E : Helps maintain good heart and vascular system health. Fights free radicals.
- Niacin: essential for mental health.
The minerals present in spirulina are very important for the purification of the body, in fact, the basic ones prevail, which rebalance the hyperacidity.
- Soccer: (70mg / 10g) essential for tooth and bone health.
- Iron: (10-15 mg / 10g) excellent for counteracting anemia.
- Zinc: (0.3mg / 10g) acts favorably on various skin problems, on the functioning of the prostate and increases the speed of wound healing.
- Manganese: (0.5mg / 10g) helps regulate blood sugar levels.
- Selenium: (10mg / 10g) increases cardiac efficiency.
- Magnesium: (40mg / 10g) facilitates the absorption of calcium and is essential for general well-being.
- Phosphorus: (80mg / 10g) contributes to bone health.
- Potassium: (140 mg / 10g) optimizes muscle and heart efficiency.
Visit the product sheet of ours SPIRUTONIC , Spirulina algae in tablets!
Algae of Health, by U. Arndt, Edizioni l'etàdell'acquario, 2013