Have you ever woken up in the middle of the night or struggled to fall asleep?
This is autumn insomnia , a very common condition caused by the change of season. With the arrival of winter, factors such as temperature , humidity and quantity of light change radically and the biorhythm is affected , bringing repercussions on the state of health and working life.
The symptoms of the change of season can last a few days or even extend for longer, it all depends on the body's ability to react and adapt to the change .
Sleep is a primary need that allows you to recover the energy lost during the day and reorganize all the activities to celebrate them. However, around 40% of women between the ages of 45 and 55 and around 30% of men over 60 suffer from insomnia.
How to improve the quality and duration of sleep?
There are some precautions that can make the difference in regulating the sleep-wake rhythm, including:
- Falling asleep and waking up at the same time : This can be useful for setting a "sleep routine" and stabilizing your body clock.
- Avoid looking at your phone before falling asleep : it is now a habit for many to indulge in a few minutes on social media to relax and fall asleep but the blue light and electromagnetic waves of these devices disturb the brain waves, better to read a book or why not, use that moment to meditate.
- Right minerals and extracts : magnesium is the mineral par excellence that allows physical and mental relaxation . In nature there are many plants capable of reducing stress levels such as Rhodiola Rosea , Schisandra chinensis and Verbena . For cases of insomnia, we have formulated a package containing Alkavita Mag, therefore magnesium chloride enriched with Vitamin B6 and Antistress Complex . Together they help promote relaxation by reducing stress and anxiety , as well as improving the quality and duration of sleep.
- Dine with light and easily digestible foods such as red meat and cheese
- Order the environment around you : tidying up the bedroom and tidying up the mess created during the day can have a great benefit on a psychological level by improving relaxation and the quality of sleep.
- Perfume the room with relaxing essential oils . Lavender oil for example, has a strong relaxing power and promotes sleep. You can add a few drops on your pillow or on a handkerchief that you can keep on your bedside table.