Turmeric : this much-loved spice in the East lends itself very well to accompanying various dishes of Western cuisine . Its exotic and particular flavor, but still delicate and pleasant , can really go with everything. For those who are fond of traditions but do not want to miss the opportunity to experiment without exaggerating, here is a simple and quick first course enriched with turmeric. Gluten-free , it is also suitable for celiacs and those suffering from intolerances.
Ingredients (for 2 people)
- 250 gr of potato dumplings
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder
- to taste of black pepper
- 30 gr of grated Parmesan cheese
- salt to taste
- In a large bowl combine the grated Parmesan and the turmeric powder. Mix everything and keep it aside.
- Boil the potato dumplings in abundant salted water.
- Pour 2-3 tablespoons of boiling salted water into the parmesan and turmeric mixture and mix to obtain a cream.
- Drain the potato dumplings as soon as they have risen to the surface (about 30 seconds).
- Pour them into the turmeric and Parmesan cream and mix everything by adding more cooking water as needed.
- Serve the turmeric potato dumplings piping hot, with a sprinkle of ground black pepper to taste.
Notes: if you want to indulge yourself in the kitchen and create dishes worthy of a chef, also focus on serving : decorate the dish with slices of fresh turmeric or with grated turmeric together with marjoram leaves, to create a combination of colors really impressive. You just have to put on an apron and get to work!