There Perilla it is a plant native to China, where it is also used for various culinary preparations.
Particularly valuable is the oil extracted from seeds of Perilla britton , rich in polyphenols, essential oils and many polyunsaturated fatty acids, in particular linoleic acid.
It is considered one of the main supplements of omega 3,6 and 9 vegetables .
Known for its action of strengthening of the immune system it is appreciated today for the benefits it brings to cholesterol levels in the blood.
PERILLA AND CHOLESTEROLImportant studies * have shown how the regular intake of Perilla oil has brought positive results on blood cholesterol levels by determining:
- Reduction of cholesterol total;
- Reduction of cholesterol linked to LDL (the " bad cholesterol ");
- Reduction of triglycerides ;
- Increase in the recovery speed of HDL (the so-called " good cholesterol ").
Find out more go to the product sheet.
Fabio Firenzuoli, Interactions between herbs, foods and drugs, New techniques, 2008.
* Park and Han, 1976; Nam et al., 1981; Chung et al, 1986; Lee et al., 1987; Kim and Kim, 1989; Park et al, 1992, Sadi et al., 1996