Desserts are good in every season, but there are some that are preferentially consumed at certain times of the year; and what more refers to the warm autumn atmosphere of the classic cookies , the typical American round-shaped biscuits, studded with chocolate chips?
Here the proposal is a light variant of cookies, healthier and lighter as it is butter-free , but no less greedy. In addition, the addition of walnuts gives that particular taste that will surely be greatly appreciated by lovers of dried fruit.
They are perfect for those who are allergic to milk and dairy products because they do not contain dairy products, therefore not even lactose, they are fat-free and rich in fiber and protein. The cocoa flavor is even more decisive in these biscuits, because there is no butter that predominates, and they remain very light.
They are also ideal for those who pay attention to what they eat; every now and then you also need to be gratified, but it is also possible to do it in a healthy way. It is true that these cookies still contain sugar, but they are always better than a regular cookie or a piece of cake. Thanks to egg whites and nuts that provide protein and fiber , you will feel satisfied for longer.
- 50 g of granulated sugar (if you prefer brown sugar, increase by 10 g)
- 20 g of powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 vanilla bean (or, alternatively, a vanillin sachet)
- 1 pinch of salt
- Half a teaspoon of ground coffee
- 110 g of flour 00
- 130 g of walnuts
- 1 whole egg and 3 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Meanwhile, shell the walnuts and arrange the kernels in a thin layer on a baking sheet; then toast them in the oven for 8 minutes, until they are golden and fragrant. They can also be toasted in a pan, but being very careful not to burn them. Let them cool and then chop them coarsely.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff. Combine the powders together (flour, sugar, vanilla, salt, cocoa and coffee) and pour them into the bowl with the egg whites.
- Gently mix so as not to dismantle the egg whites, until a homogeneous mixture is obtained; finally add the chopped walnuts.
- Using a spoon, arrange the mixture on the baking tray in the shape of "balls", about the size of a walnut.
- Lower the oven to 170 ° C and bake for 14-15 minutes, (the time may vary according to the oven) then transfer the biscuits, again on baking paper, on a wire rack to let them cool.
Inside an airtight container they can be stored for 4 days in the refrigerator. It is a type of healthy and light biscuits but able to give a charge of energy thanks to the presence of cocoa and nuts. Also excellent to be consumed with a glass of hot milk, for a tasty and complete breakfast or snack.