A simple and perfect recipe for those who want to sleep late in the morning and have a tasty and nutritious breakfast ready.
As you can guess from the name, it is an oat-based breakfast prepared the night before and left to rest in the refrigerator. The basic recipe is simple and can be enriched with fresh and dried fruit of all kinds according to your tastes.
HOW IS IT PREPARED?
The base to be customized is prepared simply by adding oats in a 1: 2 ratio together with a vegetable milk (soy, almond or hazelnut). To this you can already add 1 teaspoon of chia seeds or flax seeds which during the night will release the mucilage and will be easily assimilated by the body.
Tip : prepare it in a glass jar, also from recovery, in order to mix the 2 ingredients in the best possible way and why not to have a take-away breakfast available. For an even tastier base, add some unsweetened cocoa powder together with the oats.
Once you arrive in the morning you just need to take it out of the fridge. The oat flakes will have completely absorbed the liquid and will have a creamy and soft consistency. All that is missing is a suitable seal!
How to best enjoy it?
- Add some dried fruit (almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts) for a simple taste.
- Add fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, apricots, and peaches) for a refreshing, fiber-rich breakfast.
In addition to being extremely tasty, it is a rich breakfast that brings numerous benefits:
- Oatmeal contains a lot of fiber and long-chain carbohydrates that make you feel full for a long time.
- A breakfast of this type goes well with numerous diets. It is in fact a gluten-free, lactose-free and vegan dish. Ideal for everyone.
- In addition to fiber and carbohydrates, oats are rich in proteins, unsaturated fatty acids and numerous vitamins and minerals that provide energy to start the day on the right foot.