A particular and functional recipe because not only is it tasty but it brings essential substances to nourish the immune system.
Let's start with the term barley, nothing more than a barley prepared as a risotto is cooked.
Barley is a cereal that has remineralizing and purifying properties as well as being rich in zinc, magnesium and potassium. But also of mucilage and beta-glucans useful for lowering blood sugar. Hippocrates himself praised in his writings the medicinal properties of barley, particularly useful in case of gastrointestinal inflammation and to awaken the sluggish intestine.
Artichokes are known for their purifying properties of the blood and especially of the liver . They are rich in water, mineral salts such as sodium, potassium and phosphorus and fiber. This is why they are highly recommended in low-calorie diets.
Dried fruit is a highly satiating food rich in essential fatty acids. It strengthens the immune system and helps fight cholesterol .
Here are listed the ingredients for this recipe
- 280 grams of pearl barley
- 4 artichokes
- 1 shallot
- 1 liter and a half of vegetable broth
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Nuts to taste: walnuts, almonds or pumpkin and sunflower seeds for seasoning
- Clean the artichokes and put them in a pan together with the shallot and a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Add some vegetable broth and cook for a few minutes.
- After rinsing the barley under cold water, add it to the artichokes, add more broth to cover everything and cook for at least 30 minutes, turning the “orzotto”.
- Add salt and pepper when almost cooked.
We advise you to serve the orzotto with chopped nuts, choose the one you prefer among walnuts, almonds or various seeds. To add flavor to the dish, add dried tomatoes with a strong flavor and rich in mineral salts and antioxidants.
Enjoy your meal!