The toxins accumulated during the winter often manifest themselves with a slight swelling of the lower limbs , a physiological effect that can be treated and overcome with some foresight, healthier and more balanced food choices and a greater amount of physical movement.
For example, muds are an easy and effective remedy against water retention, they help reduce skin imperfections and improve microcirculation , favoring the disposal of toxins.
Here is an effective "do it yourself" recipe for taking care of the legs that can be made with natural ingredients. Green clay is a precious raw material for body care: it is an excellent cell regenerator, it counteracts skin aging and, thanks to the high mineral content, it conveys the disposal of accumulated toxins.
It actively fights cellulite by absorbing liquids and metabolic waste by osmosis. The caffeine contained in coffee grounds, in parallel, has liporeductive and draining properties. By adding a few drops of essential oils with a purifying and circulatory action to the clay and coffee, the effects of the pack will be greatly amplified.
- 6 teaspoons of ventilated green clay
- 1 coffee grounds
- 1 teaspoon of Nigella sativa oil
- 5 drops of oe of Lemon
- 3 drops of oe of Lavender
- Infusion of Green Tea to taste
Add essential oils to Nigella oil . In a bowl (possibly not made of metal: it could alter the properties of the clay) prepare a mixture of clay, coffee and green tea (at room temperature) that has the consistency of a cream. Add the oils to the mixture and cover the bowl containing the mud with a film. Leave to rest for about 30 minutes.
Massage the mixture with circular movements on the legs and buttocks. Then, cover the treated parts with cling film and leave on for 30-40 minutes. Once the film has been removed, rinse the area with possibly cold water, or in any case not hot.
- Lemon essential oil (Citrus limonum) is invigorating: it stimulates lymphatic and venous circulation, strengthens blood vessels, purifies the skin and is a cell regenerator, fights aging processes (useful for wrinkles and stretch marks).
- Lavender essential oil (Lavandula officinalis) is soothing and anti-inflammatory, tones relaxed skin, also recommended in the presence of stretch marks. It boasts purifying and anti-fatigue properties.
The ideal would be to be able to apply the compress before leaving for a trip where you plan to walk a lot. In this way you will arrive ready to face long walks through the streets of the city. While if the wrap is done upon return, its function will be to give comfort to the legs and at the same time tone.