What better way than a do-it-yourself activity to get closer to children, especially soon when, with the reopening of schools, we will no longer see them running around the house every moment?
And why not take advantage of it to create something with them that will be useful for both of you in anticipation of the first days full of tasks and things to remember, when leafing through the diary seems like every parent's nightmare?
So here is the step by step procedure to build together a simple but very effective memo-board!
What you need:
- Colored paper or cloth
- Vinyl glue
- Brush or sponge
- Blackboard marker
- An old photo frame (any size you prefer)
- Remove the base from the frame.
- Measure the base and cut out a piece of fabric (or paper) that is slightly larger (3cm more per side).
- Apply glue to the inside of the base.
- Attach the fabric to the base.
- Fold the excess fabric over and attach it to the back of the base with glue.
- Insert the base back into the frame.
You can optionally decorate the frame as you like, with crepe paper, glitter or shells. To fix the marker to the slate you can use double-sided velcro or double-sided tape; so the pen will always be within reach.
Now the memo board is ready to write down all the important things!
Involving the children in this short school-related project will help them to better enjoy the first stressful days and to return to school with positivity. And you, at least for a few days, will have everything under control, and with their collaboration.