POTASSIUM, FUNDAMENTAL FOR THE REGULATION OF BODY LIQUIDS
The Potassium Gluconate , comes from the chemical combination of Potassium and Glucose, it is the same form present in food.
The Potassium it's a micronutrient that plays a primary role in various activities of our body, is in fact important for:
- The correct transmission of nerve impulses and consequently the contraction of muscle fibers (including the heart );
- Adjust the blood pressure ;
- Helps balance electrolytes correctly and fluids in the body;
- Helps regulate the body's acid-base balance .
- It is recommended as an adjunct in the treatment of hypertension, cardiac and metabolic disorders.
Packaging: 100 capsules of 665 mg
Take 4 capsules a day, with water.
The package is sufficient for a use of about 1 month.
Ingredient content per daily dose:
% VNR *
NRV (*): Daily Reference Nutrient Values (adults) pursuant to EU Reg. No. 1169/2011
Potassium gluconate, potassium citrate, glazing agent: hydroxypropylmethylcellulose (capsule shell), anti-caking agents: magnesium salts of fatty acids, silicon dioxide.
It is important to supplement with potassium gluconate when a potassium deficiency occurs. The main causes of a low potassium are the first heat and an unbalanced diet. It is useful to increase potassium intake in case of:
- Prolonged use of laxatives or diuretics ;
- Intense sporting activity ;
- Intense sweating ;
- Muscle cramps
- Exhaustion ;
- In fact, hypertension is able to control blood pressure and to manage heart disease.
Properties of Potassium:
- Promotes alkalinization of the body in the presence of one acid-base imbalance;
- Promotes the regulation of body fluids , by correctly distributing water within the body;
- In association with the Magnesium Chloride , normalizes muscle contraction, especially the cardiac one and the transmission of nerve impulses, preventing the appearance of muscle cramps ;
- In case of intense efforts, especially at high temperatures, in which increased sweating leads to the loss of mineral salts, the potassium is suitable for sportsmen .
- It contributes to the prevention of hypertension , especially if caused by an excess in the use of salt.
Normally the kidneys are able to remove excess potassium from our body, but when there is kidney disease, high potassium levels can affect the heart's functions.
How to supplement potassium with your diet:
Potassium Gluconate is the same form that can be found in cooked foods such as white or red beans, potatoes, lentils or split peas. It can also be found in fish, for example: in cod, yellow fin tuna, salmon. But also in pumpkin, artichokes or natural yogurts.
Consuming too much sodium puts a strain on potassium levels. Furthermore, in a study carried out with the aim of evaluating the dietary intake of sodium and potassium in a representative sample of the Italian population. The results of this work confirm an alarming fact, namely that the contribution of sodium in Italy clearly exceeds the recommended levels, while the recruitment of potassium is below these levels. (1) Also in light of this it is important to pay attention to the intake of potassium in the diet.
In case of pregnancy, breastfeeding, particular ailments or taking medications consult your doctor before use.
Keep out of the reach of children under 3 years of age. Do not exceed recommended daily doses. Food supplements are not intended as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
This form of potassium is not recommended for people with diabetes.
Keep in a cold and dry place. Avoid exposure to localized heat sources and sunlight. The expiry date refers to the product properly stored, in unopened package.
- Donfrancesco et al. Excess dietary sodium and inadequate potassium intake in Italy: Results of the MINISAL study, Nutrition, Metabolism and Cardiovascular Diseases, Volume 23, Issue 9, September 2013, Pages 850-856
- R. De Magistris -B. Shawm-R. Vitiello, From function to injury , E.DI.SU Caserta, 1998.